HomeHair Laser Removal

lundi 21 octobre 2013

Laser Hair Removal Training, Part 1—Texas Laws

As of August 31st  of last year Texas Laws have changed. Finally, we have some regulation within our aesthetic industry for laser hair removal training.
ALA-Dallas_Texas Laws Laser Hair RemovalYear after year we have had to casually sit by and watch innocent clients get burned due to the lack of education and little-to-no-training in the field of lasers. This overwhelmingly growing industry seemed to have just slipped right through the cracks of the system with regards to consumer safety related.
I have been in the industry for 7 years and have many scarey stories to tell, as do many other people. Actually, my adventure in this industry did not start with the want for knowledge or a career change. It came by way of me being a consumer.
I was a single mom with two boys at home working a more than full time job. Needless to say, I had a lot on my plate a very little in my wallet. One of the nice things I would do to treat myself was visit the plastic surgeons office of my employer. She had taken me there one day I found it fascinating. All those fancy creams seemed so expensive. Then there was the make-up … you know “THE MAKE-UP”… such a gorgeous palette of colors.
There was a women there that claimed the title “Aesthetician.” She did a consultation with me and color matched my skin to the foundation. I felt amazing. So I bought the mineral make up that would one day change my life… forever.

Fast forward three years

For three years, I went to the same place to see the same Aesthetician. Then, one fateful day, that would all change. I came to see her and she was no longer there. There was someone new. Not feeling very warm and fuzzy about this new person, I had my reservations. It was like an old friend was gone.
I should had followed my instinct that was stirring in my belly which was GET OUT—NOW!!!
I just knew this was going to turn into a car-salesman-type pitch. New girl new job.. she needs to  make sales…who was this girl? Plus, now I was going to have to start all over again… explain my life and my likes/dislikes. Ugh. I was done before I even started.
As my new aesthetician starting color matching my face for my make-up, she so politely pointed out my upper lip hair and let me know they had a special …did I mention this day was MY BIRTHDAY!!!
I thought it about read the consent form even asked her if I was a good candidate. She said I was. It so happens that summer I was spending a  lot of time at the lake and I was very, very tan. At the time of my visit I even had a small burn on my forehead from my straight iron. I remember asking her “Are you sure?” because I am very dark. I made sure and pointed out my burn. I admit I was bit scared.

Happy Birthday…

Next thing you know, I’m in a room in the back, goggles on. I heard the machine, I felt a cold gel on my cheek then on the upper and lower skin areas surrounding my lips.
I hear her say, “I am going to give you a test spot” then BLAMMO right on my cheek I felt this blast of heat and a snapping feeling.
Then within seconds there were 4 pulses: 2 on the top of my lip and 2 on the bottom.
I smelt skin.
I felt cold pain.
I am quickly whisked off the table and ushered out the door to pay.

What Aftercare?

I got in my car to head for my big birthday dinner with family and friends.
I was no sooner on the road, when I knew something was very wrong. My cheek had a blistered grey look in the shape of a bar; my mouth did too. It felt like what it feels like to touch the stove when hot. A lingering burning feeling with a ashy blistered area where the top layer of skin was thin.

This Hurts!!

I was in pain and I was swelling fast. Needless to say, everyone at dinner was concerned. Dinner was over very quickly.
I tried to soothe my pain that night with ice and some wine. It was obvious this was going to be bad.
The next morning I called the office only to be told, “Everything is fine… that’s completely normal.”

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire